Mental illness is a group of diseases that affect the condition of our nervous system. Ill with one of them, a person loses the ability to adequately conduct, effective communication, making sensible decisions, clear thinking. If the symptoms are very strong, then the person becomes unable to tolerate the reality, and can not even elementary lead a normal daily life. Even with severe mental illness can be managed successfully to cure them.
Mental illnesses are divided into a number of basic types:
- Schizophrenia: the human disease behavior changes appear symptoms such as hallucinations and delusions, sometimes lasting up to six months, and patients lose their capacity.
- Schizoaffective disorders: people with the illness, symptoms similar to schizophrenia, besides. There are mood disorders, including bipolar disorder and depression.
- Schizophrenia disorder: patients with symptoms in schizophrenia, but they last from one month to six.
- Short violation psyche accompanied by a brief period of mental disorder that occurs in response to the occurrence of a stressful situation, such as someone's death. A month later, the patient usually recovers.
Mental illnesses, a list which I will cite are the most frequent. And the treatment of mental illness, the process is complex and multidimensional.
- Delusional disorders: these patients appear mania that correspond to the normal life, including persecution. This mania lasts about one month.
- Mental diseases caused by chemicals: a disease appears due to the reaction to the use of or exposure to certain chemicals, such as alcohol, drugs, causing incoherent speech, delirium, delusions, and hallucinations.
- Mental illnesses that are caused by other diseases: delusions and hallucinations are caused by other diseases that affect the human brain, for example, the appearance of a head injury or brain tumor.
The symptoms that accompany mental illness
Different patients in his practice, I watched a variety of symptoms of mental illness. With disease symptoms have the ability to change. The main symptoms of disorders of the human psyche: mania, delusions, hallucinations. Treatment of mental illness often depends on their symptoms. Mental illness, the list of which was given by me above, is shown in a variety of external signs. Among them I saw a rambling speech, the complete loss of interest in any activity, clouded thinking and judgment, a dangerous and erratic behavior, relationship problems at home and at work, loss of interest in hygiene, cold, abstract manner, emotionally, changes in mood, depression and mania.
Hallucinations and delusions.
Hallucination - it is a symptom of mental illness associated with sensory perception of reality, or things that do not exist in the real world. For example, the ability to see what is not there, or hears some voices, to feel someone's touch at a time when no one is near, to feel something unusual taste in the mouth, to smell, which in reality do not.
Mania or delirium - that is a false assumption, which is constant and organized, does not disappear even after you get the logic correct information. If a person suffers from delusions of poisoning, it does not leave him even at the news that the food is no problem.
The causes of mental illness
A variety of factors can affect the mental illness; the list can be very long. Treatment of mental illness, respectively, I also assigned depending on the cause. Very often, a number of mental disorders are inherited, and if a few children get sick a disease, then we can talk about hereditary. Some mental disorders result from a number of environmental factors, i.e.: stress, drug use, global change in human life.
Also, I have often observed in patients who have already emerged mental disease, an imbalance in the chemical composition of the brain. They become either hypersensitive or in their body produces an excess of a substance known as dopamine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, a substance through which the brain is able to transfer information from cell to cell. If there is an imbalance in the body of dopamine, the brain's response is unpredictable, which leads to the appearance of delusions or hallucinations.
I believe that the treatment of mental illness may well be successful, if we determine the source of the disease. After all, mental illness, the list of which is very large, and most also have a different nature.
The prevalence of mental disorders
It is known that one in a hundred people in the world suffers from mental illness. For the first time, these disorders occur in adolescence and in the period from 20 to 30 years. These disorders occur equally in men and women.
Diagnosis and treatment of mental illness
In my practice I have when dealing with a new patient at first engaged in studying his medical records, hospital records, spend a full examination, that is, identify the causes of the disease. It is also necessary to investigate the blood and brain x-rays to diagnose the possible physical ailments that can affect the mental state of the person.
Excluding the impact of the physical, I'll take a detailed discussion with the patient using the method developed by me and repeatedly used in practice.
Mental illness, the list of which was given in the article, in some way met many times in my practice. Treatment of mental illness - it is always a very individual thing. There are many methods with the use of antipsychotic medications, psychotherapy, including individual sessions and group or family. Person with a mental disorder, it needs support. Most often I'm an outpatient treatment, but if the patient can hurt others and themselves, it should be hospitalized.
The healing process takes place for each patient individually, from several days to several months.
I recommend you at the first symptoms to call me to start treatment at an early stage and prevent complications.